Tuesday, January 5, 2010

forty-one,

HEARTS,

It was the best first kiss in the history of first kisses.
It was as sweet as sugar. And it was warm, as warm as pie.
The whole world opened up and I fell inside.
I don't know where I was, but I didn't care.
I didn't care because the only person who mattered was there with me

Sometimes, don't you wish your life was a movie?
That way you could rewind your favorite parts,
fast forward the parts were you cry,
and the ending is always happy

This is why you should never, ever get your hopes up.
This is why you should see the glass as half empty.
So when the whole thing spills, you aren't as devastated.

You do something to me that I can't explain.
So would I be out of line if I said I miss you?

The worse thing is caring about someone, wondering how they are and what they're up to when the truth is they've stopped wondering about you a long time ago

If in the end we only regret the chances we didn't take,
the relationships we were afraid to have and the
decisions we waited too long to make.

So maybe it's true

Sometimes the hardest thing to let go of is something
you never really had. What would've happened, didn't

No comments:

Post a Comment